Originally from the photo I posted months ago about my version of the Gotei 13 from Bleach.
After a lot of inquiries about the characters, I decided to just give them full profiles, which led to make giving each of them their own photo. I wanted it to be them in action so you can get an idea of who they are and what their powers are like. Each one of my Gotei members is based off of one of the current Bleach characters in some way. In the case of Ohanami, in terms of personality, she's mostly inspired by Rangiku. Her powers, especially Bankai, was inspired by Tosen as they both manipulate a large area and she fills the role of illusionist like Aizen.
I originally had my original OC who's based in the current storyline as the Ninth Division Captain but when I looked at the lineup, I knew something was missing. There are certain things Ii think about when creating characters, especially ones in groups and that's diversity. First I looked at the men to women ratio and (excluding Oyama who's both), I was short another woman. I already had people of color so that wasn't a problem. Then I looked at their personalities and there wasn't a "sexy girl". Emiko is physically sexy but not a sexy personality. Then I realized there were no plus sized characters in my lineup so I knew right then that I wanted a sexy plus sized girl. Which was perfect because I've always felt that plus sized people (especially in anime) are never represented in a good light. They're usually the comic relief (like Omaeda), always eating (like Chouji from Naruto), sensitive about their weight (also like Chouji), their powers revolve around food (like Urizane from S-Cry-Ed), or their powers make them thinner (like Chouji and Kirio) so I wanted a character who was like none of these and I'm really happy with the outcome! I know plenty of sexy plus sized people and I hope I did them justice.
(I'm really bad at histories but I'll try and do them asap lol)
Name- Ohanami Nara
Name Meaning- “Flower Viewing”; “Happy”
Age- Appears to be in her mid 30s
Birthday- April 20
Weight- 180 lbs.
Hair- Golden blonde
Eyes- Violet (left), pink-violet (right)
Affiliation- Gotei 13, Soul Society
Position- Captain of the 9th Division
Division- 9th Division
Partner- Haruko Suzuki
Base of Operations- Seireitei, Soul Society
Appearance- Ohanami is a physically large woman with curly shoulder-length blonde hair, violet eyes, and large breasts. She has a mole above her lip on the right side and her eyes are slightly two different colors. She wears the standard Shinigami Captain’s uniform with slight modifications, including her haori being sleeveless. Her robes are open, revealing a light pink bustier with a pink trim. She wears a beige double breasted corset-like belt with a celadon sash, tied slightly left of center. She wears a multitude of plain gold rings on both hands and 4 gold bangles on her left arm. She’s always seen holding a pipe with a black lacquered stem and a jade pot. She’s also always seen with a full face of makeup including dark red eye shadow and lipstick.
Personality- Ohanami tends to be a slacker who dislikes battle and prefers to drink and smoke her pipe. She is not the slightest bit modest about her appearance, frequently throwing her large breasts around seductively and pressing them in the faces of men. Even so, if any man comments on her breasts or she finds them looking at her, she acts offended and lectures them about the love she shares for her husband. Despite being a large woman, Ohanami is extremely confident in her appearance, believing no man wants a skinny girl like Emiko but a full figured woman like herself. Although she’s rather sexually confident, she has a warped sense of modesty as she’ll pulverize a man who’s seen her naked but will still flaunt her body. She only embraces her sexuality on her own terms.
Although never seen, her husband appears to be extremely fit and handsome but rather passive as Ohanami tends to walk all over him. As a captain, she’s very care-free and laid back, preferring to let her subordinates do the hard work while she “micromanages”.
While she seems somewhat self-centered, she is sensitive to the feelings of others and despite her lackadaisical image, she can be extremely serious when needed and is a capable fighter and strategist. She’s smarter and more cunning than most people give her credit for.
As the editor of the The Seireitei Communication, Ohanami is in charge of every facet of the magazine. She’s especially in charge of “The Hunks of the Seireitei” spread which features a shirtless pinup and stats on a different male Shinigami every issue.
Ohanami actually has a young son she rarely sees but speaks of fondly. Whenever she does see him, she gives him expensive gifts to make up for her absence. It’s this behavior that’s making her son spoiled, something she’s failed to notice.
Powers & Abilities
Master Swordsman: Ohanami is a highly proficient combatant. In combat, she doesn't seem the least bit taken back by the abilities of her opponent, even when they seemingly have an advantage. She fights with seemingly no effort behind her attacks, as she always wields her sword with one hand. Her combat skills were evident even when she was a child. She can easily defeat and kill someone, who by rank and age should be more powerful and skilled than her. She is commonly seen using her Zanpakutō's special ability, which is capable of many different feats. It is because of this that she trains so hard in her swordsmanship and the reward has paid off. Even without using her Shikai, she can take down opponents even when they’re in Bankai.
Shunpo Expert: Despite her size, Ohanami is able to use Shunpo techniques rather well. Although not a master by any means, she’s able to keep up with those faster than she is without tiring out for some time. While possessing the ability to use flash steps, unfortunately for her, Ohanami is not as fast as the other captains. She becomes noticeably winded, just by trying to keep up with them for longer than a few minutes.
Kidō Practitioner: Ohanami's actual skill level in Kidō is unknown, as she rarely uses it in battle but she is able to teleport herself and others a considerable distance using "Sentan Hakuja".
Hakuda Master: While preferring to finish her fights quickly with her Zanpakutō, Ohanami is a highly capable unarmed fighter. Repeatedly, she has caught her opponent's weapons with a single bare hand. While fighting offensively, she has shown tremendous strength and durability, combining both sword and barehanded skills to simultaneously strike with her sword and punch opponents with great force.
Great Spiritual Power: Ohanami possesses slightly above average captain-level Reiryoku. Ohanami, without any visible effort, can easily incapacitate a group of spiritually aware humans with her Reiatsu just by facing their general direction. Her reiatsu is red.
Enhanced Durability: Ohanami is durable enough to withstand a direct hit from an enemy Bankai, only suffering a light wound as a result.
Highly Observant: Ohanami has been shown to be very observant of her opponents' abilities and powers, even going as far as to use it against them.
Aoikajitsu (“Unripe Fruit”): In its sealed state, it resembles an average katana. It has a pink hilt and a sakura flower-shaped tsuba.
Shikai: Its Shikai command is Watashitachiha Hana ni Umarete, Watashitachiha Kare Saku (“We are born to blossom, then we bloom to wither”). Ohanami lets go of her sword which hovers in mid-air. The sword morphs into a Bokken (a wooden sword) and despite its new shape, cuts just as well as a regular sword. A guard grows along the hilt like a tree, making part of the sword look similar to the guard of a rapier. From this guard, 5 flower buds sprout along its length. The flower closest to the bottom of the blade is red and the one towards the bottom of the sword is white. The 3 in between them gradually get darker as they move from the bottom of the sword to the top of the hilt with the middle bud being pink.
Shikai Special Ability: Aoikajitsu is a Zanpakuto that spans a number of different types: Kido, Poison, and Elemental. It’s power come from the ability to release a special yellow pollen into the air using the flower buds that grow along the sword’s guard. There are 5 types of pollen and each has their own purpose. The pollen cloud is relatively large and can surround Ohanami’s general vicinity rather quickly. She is completely immune to the effects of her pollen but unfortunately, she cannot control who breathes it in, meaning both enemies and allies are subject to the flower’s pollen. If an ally inhales any of the pollen, she can cure them of its effects by making them ingest a petal from the flower which infected them.
Aoikajitsu’s pollen can be blown away by a strong enough wind but because of the clinging property of the pollen, if even a small amount of the pollen falls onto the skin, there is no way it can be removed and the person will be infected by it. Because of its airborne nature, many times Ohanami will strike her enemy, creating an open wound, and releasing the pollen when the sword is close to the wound. Another of her favorite tactics is so centralize the pollen on herself, allowing it to cling to her and during the battle she will transfer the pollen to her opponent.
After Aoikajitsu’s pollen is released, the flower it came from will wither and die. If Ohanami wants to use that flower again, she must seal her sword and release it again.
· Oshimazakura (“Island Cherry Blossoms”): Opens the white flower that’s at the bottom of the sword’s guard. The pollen that comes from this flower instantly puts anyone who inhales into a deep sleep. This one is her least used flower as its usefulness in battle is not very useful. Someone with strong enough reiatsu can stave the sleep off but will eventually succumb to it.
· Yamazakura (“Mountain Cherry Blossoms”): Opens the pale pink flower that’s second from the bottom of the sword’s guard. The pollen that comes from this flower casts the enemy into an extremely powerful illusion. Ohanami can control these illusions to some degree but for the most part, the illusion will take the enemy into their deepest fears. The illusion is so powerful, any injuries they sustain within it will effect their physical body.
· Kawazuzakura (“Frog Cherry Blossoms”): Opens the pink flower that’s in the center of the sword’s guard. The pollen that comes from this flower is hypnotic to behold. It’s so hypnotic, it puts Ohanami’s opponent into a deep trance. This trance lowers the enemy’s will and heightens their susceptibility, allowing Ohanami to control their actions. They aren’t aware that they’re being controlled but they are. No one is immune to this control but if an opponent is stronger, the control will probably only be contained to a limb.
· Shibazakura (“Turf Cherry Blossoms”): Opens the cerise flower that’s second from the beginning of the sword’s blade. The pollen that comes from this flower is a paralytic. Once inhaled, the enemy will experience immediate numbness and will slowly become completely paralyzed. They are completely aware of everything that happens but are unable to do anything about it.
· Kanhizakura (“Heaven’s Light Cherry Blossom”): Opens the red flower that’s closest to the beginning of the sword’s blade. The pollen that comes from this flower is deadly. Once inhaled, it will slowly attack Ohanami’s opponent from the inside out, eating away their organs and burning through them. Of the flowers, this one is the most gruesome. As the pollen spreads, a black, mold-like substance begins growing from the mouth, ears, nose, and eventually eyes. Right before they die, her opponent will begin coughing up red Sakura blossoms.
Bankai: Eden no Kindan Kajitsu (“Forbidden Fruit of Eden”). After its release, Ohanami takes her sword and slams it into the ground. The ground begins to rumble as massive roots, vines, and trees begin to sprout from the point of impact and spread rather quickly. When they’re done growing, the final form of Eden no Kindan Kajitsu is an entire forest of Sakura trees. The forest spreads over an enormous surface area and pulls in anyone in the Bankai’s vicinity. (Pictured Above)
Bankai Special Ability: Because the forest is so large, it functions as many different things. Ohanami can use the forest to hide or to protect her. All of the trees in the forest contain one of each of her Shikai’s flowers so there’s no real way to dodge the pollen if she chooses to release it. If she does release one of the tree’s flowers, the tree will die, wither, and grow again, making the power of her Bankai quite formidable. In this form, she still uses the same commands to open the flowers and release their pollen but because of this new form, she has a couple new techniques.
Like her Shikai, she cannot control who gets caught in her Bankai, so even her allies will get sucked in if they’re in the vicinity of her Bankai’s release.
Escape from the forest is nearly impossible as the trees will lock anyone in the Bankai in.
An added, offensive bonus to Ohanami’s Bankai is that she can control the vines and branches of every tree in her forest and she can also sense the location of anyone inside of it. Essentially, her Bankai allows her to create an entire world where she is God. There are a few drawbacks to her power. One of them is that even though her trees are covered in reiatsu, a strong enough fire will set all of the trees ablaze. Another drawback is that maintaining her Bankai drains Ohanami power so keeping it going for long periods of time is damaging to her.
The only known way to escape Eden no Kindan Kajitsu is to find the original sword which spawned it. It can be found in the center of the forest, still impaled in the ground with a tree sprouting around it. The tree contains every colored flower and if anyone tried to remove the sword, on reflex the tree will release all of its pollen. The instant the sword is pulled from the tree and ground, every tree will begin to die and any pollen already released will fade.
· Adamu no Niku (“The Flesh of Adam”): Because Ohanami’s sword must stay in one spot, she’s practically left defenseless. With this technique, Ohanami can reach into a nearby tree and pull a weapon from its trunk. The weapon is wooden but still quite sharp and it also retains the property of whatever tree it was pulled from, meaning if the tree the weapon is pulled from is one with white flowers, the sword will put whoever is cut by it to sleep. This is because the sap within the tree is what gives the flowers their properties.
· Ivu no Zetsubō (“The Desperation of Eve”): This technique allows Ohanami to enter any nearby tree and using the tree as a medium is able to instantly transport herself to any tree within the forest. This technique, though, only works on her so she cannot bring anyone with her.
· Kaminoikari (“The Wrath of God”): An enhanced version of her Shikai, this attack causes the petals of the Sakura tree of Ohanami’s choice to fall and attack her enemy. She can control the path of the petals and they are as sharp as any sword. She can also simply use these petals as a distraction. The petals retain their original properties so aside from cutting, they poison. At their most powerful, Ohanami can call every petal from every flower to her, attacking the enemy in a cyclone of razor sharp flower petals.
Spirit- Aoikajitsu resembles a large white stag. He has very large antlers, so big in fact, they are roughly the same size as his body in length. The antlers resemble black tree branches and Sakura blossoms bloom from along the length of these large antlers. The color of these flowers change color in correspondence to whichever flower Ohanami is using, unless she’s not using any, then the flowers are all colors. Aoikajitsu’s hooves are deep red, with the color climbing up each legs, gradually turning from red to white up until the “knee”. He has deep black eyes that look very menacing and his tail is made up of long, sweeping branches with pink and white flowers, similar to the Shidarezakura tree. These branches trail several feet behind Aoikajitsu as he walks.
Aoikajitsu is a kind and gentle creature but can also be proud and haughty. He thinks he knows everything and will do anything to prove he’s right. Despite this, he is brave, selfless, and willing to always help Ohanami in whatever she needs, even if he laughs at her foolishness while he does it.
Inner World- Ohanami’s Inner World can be seen every time she manifests her Bankai as it is a physical representation of her Inner World come to life. The only difference between the two is that in her Bankai, her sword becomes a tree at the center of the forest but in her Inner World, this tree still exists but it’s dead and sits in the middle of a huge lake. It’s the only tree in the entire forest that lakes flowers.
· The 9th Division is responsible for security within the Seireitei and Rukongai. They break off into smaller cells of 3 and patrol the streets and maintain order.
· Ohanami’s release phrase was based on a lyric from Gwen Stefani’s song “What You Waitin’ For?” The original lyrics are: “Born to blossom, bloom to perish.”
· Hanami means “Flower viewing” in regards to the viewing of blooming Sakura blossoms. Hanami was said to have originated during the Nara Period. Nara is famed for its rich history and association with deer. Aoikajitsu, Ohanami’s Zanpakuto, is a deer.
· Aoikajitsu’s Spirit Form is loosely based on the Forest Spirit in “Princess Mononoke”.